Pet Travel, Health Certificates and Acclimation Certificates

When considering domestic or international travel we recommend planning ahead. You generally need one to six weeks notice (depending upon the nature and destination country of your move) to arrange your pet′s travel.

Documentation: Your pet will need an original health certificate issued by a licensed and accredited veterinarian, which is under ten days old at time of travel. We also need to see a signed rabies vaccination certificate. For International travel the rabies vaccination often must be at least 30 days old and under one year old. Depending upon the destination country, your pet′s trip can require Import Permits, various annual vaccinations, reservation at quarantine kennels, and other special documentation that can take up to 6 weeks or more to obtain.

We recommend that we do an initial consultation so that we can help with all of this. We are happy to explain an individual country′s requirements and help you sort through the maze of international pet travel!

Flight Crates: Having a proper size kennel is a shipping requirement. Your pet MUST be able to stand up without their head touching the top of the carrier, sit down, and turn around comfortably in the carrier. This means, when the pet is outside the carrier, he or she should not be taller or longer than the carrier. The carrier should not be too large either. Our practice carries all sizes of airline approved travel kennels at competitive prices. These kennels are specially designed for air travel. They are ventilated on the rear wall and also have protectors around the door pins to prevent the doors from accidentally opening. If you choose to purchase your carrier elsewhere, please size your pet carefully and choose a sturdy and secure crate. Carriers for International flights must have ventilation on all four sides.

Boarding: If you require boarding services, we can board your pet until you are ready. For your pets protection we require all new pets boarding with us to pass a physical exam performed by one of our veterinarians. We do not board pets with internal or external parasites or contagious diseases. Boarded animals need to be current on all vaccines and be on flea, tick and heartworm preventative.

Tranquilizers: The AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) strongly discourages the usage of tranquilizers or sedatives at altitude. They can be harmful to your pet during air travel, so our veterinarians will recommend safe alternatives.

We look forward to hearing from you



Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Forest Park Office


8:30 am-6:00 pm


8:30 am-6:00 pm


8:30 am-6:00 pm


8:30 am-6:00 pm


8:30 am-6:00 pm


8:30 am-12:00 pm